If you’re not yet familiar with Discord, it’s an all-in-one voice and text chat app where you can get access to your creator’s Patreon exclusive community.
- Log in to your Patreon account
- Click on Settings from the left side menu
- Click on More and then Connected Apps from the menu bar
- Click on Discord and then click the Connect button
- Enter the email address or phone number you use to log in with Discord and your password and click the Login button
- Click the Authorize button
- You’ve successfully linked Discord to Patreon! You may need to refresh the page
In order to link your Discord with Patreon and sync your role(s) follow these steps.
- Step 1: Make sure you’re in the right Tier. If you made a “custom pledge,” instead of joining a Tier, you’ll not be assigned any Discord roles.
- Step 2: After you confirm your payment amount, and Tier selection, you’ll be taken to the welcome page. You can get started by clicking the Connect to Discord button.
- Step 3: You’ll be taken to the App section of your Profile settings page – click the Connect button to the right of the Discord app. Log in to your Discord account in the pop-up window that populates.
Accessing your Discord role from the email we sent you? Click the Connect to Discord button in that email, and go through the steps above, starting on Step 2.
I’m not getting the pop-up window to log in to Discord
This typically happens if you have an ad blocker or browser extension that is blocking pop-up windows. Please disable these extensions while connecting Discord to Patreon.